Skip to main content

Elementary Enrollment


Welcome to Bland Elementary! You can use this site to find information about enrolling your student in one of our schools – no matter if he or she is new to our District or has previously attended BISD.

Either way, Bland ISD requires families provide proof of residency each year in order to complete the enrollment and registration process. That’s because schools are assigned based on where a student lives. BISD does not accept out-of-district transfers or fees to enroll out-of-district students.

Acceptable proof of residency is one of the following:

  • A copy of a current (current or previous month) utility bill (electric, gas or water) which shows the current usage on it.
  • A current lease (for 30 days until a utility bill is available).
  • If you have recently purchased your home, a copy of the closing papers will suffice until a utility bill is available to reproduce (within 30 days).
  • If you are living with a relative or friend in the BISD attendance zone, an affidavit must be completed, notarized and returned to the school office along with a current utility bill.  


Please note the enrollment process will not be complete until this documentation is received by your child’s campus. Students will not receive a class list or course enrollment information until it has been provided. Students who are unable to produce documentation to verify residency the Bland ISD attendance zone may not be able to attend a Bland ISD school and will be subject to withdrawal. If you have questions, or need to have a copy made for you, please call the school or come by our offices.

Presenting a false record or falsifying records is an offense under Section 37.10, Penal code, and enrollment of the child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. TEC Sec. 25.002(3)(d).